Tuesday, October 30, 2012

T(w)o Forever Homes

The last two nights have been really great. Sometimes homechecks can feel like a chore, but once you get to them, I'm almost always delighted to talk about dogs for an hour and go over canine care, training, etc, etc. I'm not usually a very talkative person, but get me talking about dogs and I could probably go on a fortnight.

We had Megan's homecheck on Tuesday night and I could tell the second the two met, mum was in love and Megan would be the apple of her mum's eye. Megan is heading home tomorrow. I kind of wish I had her awhile longer, but I know that would just make the transition harder.

We also had Momo's homecheck tonight, and it was totally what I thought from reading the application. Fingers crossed and providing all systems are go, papers will be signed tomorrow, but Momo will be staying until the tenth while her new parents are away on a pre-scheduled trip. Not a problem to me, the fosters are always welcome to stay until they find their awesome forever homes (unless of course, they were to become a danger or what not.) Obviously Momo is far from dangerous :P She might lick you to death mind you.

I've been lazy on the camera front but I managed to get new batteries, so hopefully I'll get a few before Megan goes home tomorrow. I just realized I have maybe two pictures of her! Piper took such a good one though I didn't need to get a good mug shot. Face shots truly get adopters. You just see something in the face you can't refuse.

For now, I'm going to go snuggle Megan. If only the dog had drive...

No comments: