Sunday, October 7, 2012

Happy Rescue Birthday Beckett

5 years ago, Turtle Gardens undertook the rescue of 52 sled dogs, known as The Sheriff Dogs. It wouldn't be until May of the following year that we adopted our boy, but what a start to a life of adventure. Sure I had to give up some things, but what I reaped in return I wouldn't change for the world.

Tomorrow when I get back from Thanksgiving in Vancouver, I'll take a few new pictures of my man (who is now almost 8, since I guess he was just over 2 when he was rescued, and 2.5 when we adopted him). How time flies.

And to anyone who says a sled dog can't turn into a family pet, I'm sure Beckett could change their minds.



4 comments:

Anonymous said...

congrats Beckett!

On another note, Emily you have lots of followers.
TG is in need of votes...can you put a blog with the link to the Aviva contest?

Thanks

Anonymous said...

Happpy Birthday, Beckett from Sheila, David, Tegan & Skye!

Piper said...

I miss your blog postings! Any new fosters yet? Hope you and your crew are doing well :)

Jerrad said...

On Thursday we get more.