Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Sign, Sealed, Post-Dated for Delivery

It's been a bit of a whirlwind day, but both Momo and Meghan are officially Halloween-day adoptees! Meghan's mum picked her up from the daycare with the biggest smile I have seen on anyone, with girly pink collar and leash. I have to admit, part of me wanted to take Meghan and just run home with her and keep her, but I bit my lip and let her go. Hopefully I'll get to see her around from time to time though, and I know in my heart of hearts, this is HER home. Besides, I guess it's best they leave their foster spot behind for the next dog anyway. Close my dear Meghan, but no cigar. To be fair to me and you, I have to let you go. Make sure you stay happy :)

Momo's adoption papers were also signed today, and she will be going home with new brother Petey the jack x chi alongside new mum and dad. In a 'small world' sort of thing, May, my 3rd foster ever and first Chihuahua was brought up on the same trip from California as Petey, Momo's new brother. Kind of cool!

Momo's new family is away for a week for a pre-scheduled business trip, but will pick her up when they return. So, she is effectively signed, sealed and post-dated for delivery.

On the incoming end, there's a good chance we'll be getting a shy Taiwanese dog in within the week. She's been fostered for a bit now, so isn't really new to Canada, but hasn't progressed any from the time she's come and rescue is afraid she's not really adoptable without some work. So, we'll see about that! She's young yet -9 months-, so I bet with a few weeks of bootcamp we'll make a fairly to very adoptable girl out of her.

Other than that, I'm sure someone(s) will sneak their way in here sooner than later. I don't stay empty long, and to be honest, I start to go a little loonie when it's only my two kicking around after a few days (actually, they too get a little loonie without the fosters now). I have the feeling if we ever had to go back to not fostering, I better get me a working dog --or some sort of both physically and mentally draining hobby that doesn't cost much money!

They'll show up eventually I'm sure. As always, it's about the right dog AND the right home. Great homes and great dogs sometimes don't make a great match.

Will update more when some new arrivals show up. Until then, it's hanging out with Momo and working on finishing up my french course I've been pushing to the side for a little too long.

Emily Out

1 comment:

Piper said...

Yay! So happy for all of them :)