Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Incomings

Sorry I've been a bit absent the last week. I was finishing off my dog trainer's program, busy with my Master's program, and all in all, just trying not to fall off the speed-rocketting bandwagon. We just entering the 'calm after the storm' today.

Very quickly we have two new incoming pups from Taiwan. One has a potential application already in the works, but needs a meet+greet over the weekend to make sure, but I'm not counting any chickens and will consider her my foster anyway. If there's anything I've learnt in rescue it's that the best laid plans are usually the ones that blow up in your face.

I just heard this morning that there will be an emergency TG bus run this weekend as well, which might make for a full house sooner than later. I have my eye on someone, but I think she might have an application too -it kind of happens to the ones I have my eyes on.

For the two Taiwanese dogs, here they are:

KAHLUA: 6 month old male Formosan Mountain Dog mix.

 
He is about 20 pounds and will probably hit about 30 full grown. From his videos he is very dog social, on the submissive side, but can be shy with people (typical of the breed). I will be building his confidence up a bit, and looking for his nice forever home that will continue to do the same.

MOMO: 2 year old spayed Pug.
Momo -the one with a potential home- is a typical friendly, sunshiney, happy, happy, happy pug. One of her legs had hip dysplasia, but it has been treated (surgery). She is great with peope, dogs, cats. An ideal little friend who is up for nice leisurely walks, but no hard physical activities for this girl.

More in the next few days once the new arrivals get here and get settled. For today, it's back to my usual schedule at the daycare. To be honest, I feel like I want a couple days off first :P No rest for the wicked!

Emily Out

1 comment:

Piper said...

They are both too cute! I'm sure they'll be gone in a flash...seems to be the trend with your fosters lately ;)
Can't wait to hear more about them!