Monday, October 22, 2012

Might as Well Stamp them Adoption Pending

Well, it's official. People love puppies. Kahlua has had at least seven applications and there's as many or possibly more for Megan. Personally I'd adopt Megan over Kahlua, but I might be breedist. As much as I enjoy working with the shy guys, I know we'll never adopt one of the shy guys. There's lots of reward in them, but I want a dog that enjoys doing stuff and doesn't always have to be encouraged to be brave. Maybe that's why I like Lemon so much. For better or for worse, she's overly friendly.

Meg was grouchy last night towards all the dogs and slept from about 4pm until 7am the next morning. I didn't even bother moving her to pee. I found her cuddled up to Beckett in the morning and though she was a  bit cranky with Lemon and Kahlua once Beckett played with them she decided they were okay too. Both her and Kahlua have decided Beckett is the bomb and once again he has become the ideal babysitter. He loves the position too. He is a working dog after all :)

Comfy Meg passed out for the night:

Kahlua and Beckett: Is it just me, or does Beckett look like he could be Kahlua's daddy?


Momo is doing well too although we are having troubles in the house-training department. I think at some point in her short life she was left either in a basement or in a crate and she learnt the really bad, unnatural habit of doing her business where she sleeps. So, we've gone a somewhat unconventional route and moved her into a nice big crate and put a pee pad at the back. So far so good, but hopefully not a long term solution! She sure is a fun, nice little dog though. I betcha she could be trained to one of those indoor potties pretty quickly, which might make her a good companion for someone in an apartment. She doesn't need much exercise that's for sure! She makes me laugh -the comedian nature of a pug :)

A homecheck for Kahlua is scheduled for tomorrow, and then onto the scheduling of some of Meg's possibilities, but for her I know what I'm looking for. Some dogs just come and I can tell what they need in a home to make them the best dog they can personally be. I guess having gone through so many you get to have a pretty good idea. I think because Jerrad is going "can we keep her" my standards are even higher. I like Meg a lot, but I don't think she's quite '#3' CLOSE THOUGH! For me, she has the spunk but not the drive. She'll be a great little dog for the right home though and I'm sure they're coming pretty soon around the corner.

Will update tomorrow night with how Kahlua's homecheck goes.
Emily Out


1 comment:

Anonymous said...



I presume most Taiwanese dogs are shy.
Stands to reason... what a pretty dog. Those ears.
Wendy