Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Adoption, Adopting Fallout and a Weekend Away

First of all, Riley has been adopted! I haven't placed a dog I haven't personally homechecked in quite awhile (except a few on the mainland) so I was a little more anxious than usual. But after the first night I get this awesome update!


Hi Emily

Just wanted you to know that Riley seems to be settling in quite well.  He had noproblem with sleeping in his new crate and seems to be enjoying his country walks. He certainly is a beautiful dog and so well behaved, someone in his past spent time on obedience training.  Sherry suggested you would be a good source for an agility or obstacle class , not sure which would suit him best, perhaps you have some suggestions. If you feel it is appropriate please let his previous owner know that he has found a good home with us and we have already fallen in love with him. 

Way to go Riley :) I hope you do get to do some agility, I think you'll really enjoy it.
Cinderella had an awesome homecheck, but the owners got cold feet. A combination of things lead to their decision to not adopt Cinderella, but that just means her perfect family is still somewhere out there, looking just for her. For Mel who responded to the last post, she's still available :) She's a quirky little devil. Some moments she wants to be right next to you, and the next she's decided "no thanks, I don't like to be fawned over." I see a bit of a terrier personality. Things on her terms :P She's a dog who as of yet, doesn't see any importance or reward in being loyal or "a person's dog". She is her own dog. She will bond though.
Tomorrow evening I leave for a long weekend in Vancouver. Unfortunately, it's not a vacation trip, but a trip to get a double set of wisdom teeth out. My parents will be the victims that have to deal with me doped up and sore. Jerrad is more than happy to pawn me off on them for that time. Floof is going to go visit with Peter, Cheryl, Suhki and Veda for the weekend, since he can not hold his bladder reliably for more than 4-5 hours and Jerrad works 6 hours days. Our dogs and Cinderella will be okay for a few days home for 6 hours. 
I am hoping I might get to visit with Yvette for a few hours, if I'm not too sore/cranky/doped up.
For now, off to work. It's been quite busy with number of dogs, and private training sessions lately which is good, but I'm starting to feel a little burnt out. 

No comments: