Saturday, April 20, 2013

Mutiny

Some days nothing wants to work. Car has decided the brakes need work. Dogs have decided it is a sleep day. Apparently I ran Jinks and Riley too much yesterday -Jinks' brain is still mush-, and after a half an hour chuck-it run in the morning, those two high energy dogs have plunked themselves in their crate and do not want to go anywhere. Jinks gives me dirty looks when I open her door. Riley doesn't budge when I open his.  Thanks high-energy dogs. It's a bloody beautiful day and no one wants to go anywhere with me! (To be fair, I'm usually at training for 5-6 hours on Saturdays now, and today is my first day of no classes for two weeks.) I guess they all figured even though I had the day off from work, they'd rather not take the day off from sleep.

So, for noon I'm getting back into my pajamas and calling it a couch day. If I had of known you were all going to be exhausted, boring and ignore me I would have left you all with Jerrad for the weekend. (Next weekend, and I'm sure they'll all be twerps for him!)

The only one that wants to do anything today is Beckett. The senior dog. Go figure. And of course, by the time Jerrad gets home at about 3:30pm they'll be ready to go, which will mean two hours out and about and a fiance going "why didn't you exercise them?" It's all a ploy.

In good news:
1) Looks like Riley is being adopted! He'll go home to his retired couple, no kid home right beside 160 acres of beautiful woods to romp in. They have lots of lab experience and it's possible he might be back at daycare once a week while he settles in.

2) Cinderella is over her jetlag and is quite friendly now. She will fit in just about anywhere that is truly willing to get through the first week which might be very hard. You just have to let her come to you on her own terms. Don't force the relationship. Once she's decided she likes you, you're in for life. She is still a sensitive little sprite. A loud word is enough to get her to stop anything she is doing. She'll need very kind training.

3) Floof might -and that's a BIG might- get a home with one of the founders of his rescue. Her own little chi boy is quite selective in his playmates, but could use the right playmate to bring him out of his shell with other dogs. She has been watching all my videos of Floof interacting so well with all my dogs -he's perfectly dog social-. Her dog is overly people affectionate. Floof and he are opposites. Floof isn't horrible with people by any means, but he isn't a social butterfly type. With a meet+greet and a possible trial night, Floof might find himself a home where he can help another dog, and in turn that other dog can help him. It's still a BIG might at this point. It has to work for everyone involved.

4) Cinderella has some interest, though nothing on the homecheck front quite yet. Thankfully she is showing me signs that she's ready for her new home when they show up.

For now, I'm scheduled for cuddle time with Floof, Lemon and Cinderella. Hard life!

No comments: