Thursday, April 18, 2013

Jetlag

Just like Neela was a few weeks ago, Cinderella has been on complete jetlag since she came yesterday. No surprise, it's a very long flight! The time is all switched around, the weather is colder, there's lots of strange, scary things and other dogs. Lots to deal with. Makes sense just to sleep for a few days. No complaining here! It's kind of nice to have her crate door open and she goes and sleeps for 2-3 hours, gets up, asks to go out to go pee (it's kind of nice that she asks, a lot of the Taiwanese are on strict no pee no play for a few days since they aren't really house trained) and then promptly returns to her open crate to catch some more zzzzzs. A nice easy girl. I'm guessing since she has no baby teeth left that she's a little older than the guesstimate of six months, but one can never really be sure.

She's a cute little one:



She's maybe sixteen pounds tops. I would be very surprised if she grew to be more than 20-22.
I haven't seen enough of her personality come out to figure out what she would really need in a home, but she doesn't seem a hard one so could probably fit most places that would do all the things people need to do with puppies. I'll learn more over the next few days.

In other news, Neela, now Tula is doing well in her new home. She was happy to see me when I came by for a little visit which was nice. Though we spent only a week together and a few of those days were really jetlagged it's nice to be remembered.

Riley had a homecheck tcompleted oday by his rescue, so we're off for a meet + greet sometime soon. Fingers crossed they're his forever home. Poor guy has been let down twice before in not even two years of life.

No interest yet for the Floofster. Victoria is flooded with small dogs these days, mostly from California, so maybe they're getting a little harder to place since there's just SO many.

Oh well, not like he adds any trouble here. I'm just worried he's starting to get attached.

For now, off to agility with the Jinksmister. It's really neat being exposed to whole new worlds of people with dogs through dog sports. It's also a bad influence at times since any time I meet with someone really good, they usually seem to say: "Get two, it makes going out to competitions more worthwhile."

As if I need another Jinks!!

4 comments:

Sheila said...

Yeah, Emily, get two! :P

Emily said...

I already have three :P No more full-timers for awhile! Though I admit, if I had to move somewhere I couldn't foster, I would be hard-pressed not to get another. We're used to 4. 4 is a good number.

Anonymous said...

Hi Emily, How do I go about applying to adopt Cinderella?
Please let me know the procedure.
Thanks! Mel
ibmelba@yahoo.ca

Unknown said...

Has Cinderella woken up yet?! She looks she is going to be a real little going concern once she gets used to the new environment. I wouldn't bet money on her being so laid-back in a month! Might be your second agility dog!