Monday, April 15, 2013

I'm Such a Sucker for a Cute Puppy Face

With Neela gone to her new home, I had steeled myself against another foster until TG run in a few weeks. We've got Floof and Riley, and come May 8th have a bunch of boarding. But of course, I see a cute puppy face, there's a flight two days from then, she's through quarantine and I still have two applicants very interested in having a home-check if a dog that fits them comes up. IE: Young, under a year, not going to get over 30 pounds, dog social and good for kids (one family with a seven year old, one with a ten year old). I flicked through many of the local rescues for a dog that would match, but couldn't find any without a behavioural problem of some sort. Petfinder is so tricky these days, since the multitude of dogs on it, aren't necessarily local to begin with.

Come with the fact that puppies honestly have a track record here of fostering for under two weeks, most of them falling in the one week and a couple day mark, regardless what rescue they're with. They also seem to get multiple apps quickly. Everyone seems to want a puppy, and although I could talk to them all day about adopting an older rescue, if people have their hearts set on a young dog, that's what they'll get no matter how much sense you try to talk into them.

Plus Riley has a good looking application now that someone in the rescue will homecheck hopefully sometime this week. So, it's not really like things should conflict too much. (That's the plan anyway)

So, Cinderella will arrive on the 17th and since there's an adoption in Victoria anyway -ironically enough, yet another leftover application for GG-, I don't have to do the ferry run. I have no doubt this little munchkin will be adopted before the end of May.

I was suckered in really good by this little face.
What a softie I am...
Puppies truly are my Achilles heel. I really ought to defend that heel a little more vigorously.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hummm wondering what she is ' can't really tell ' but ohh & ahh its a puppy '' i don't care what kind ' very nice eyes'