Saturday, December 3, 2011

Fastest Foster Yet

Well, Panda didn't even get home before she was adopted. (Jerrad and I talked, and we're counting fosters as dogs that are sent to us, so therefore she'll still count :P). Panda hitched a ride over on the ferry with Mike and Miika, and charmed Mike into adopting her. When I got there it was quite obvious he'd already fallen, and she made quite the show of cuddles, tail-wags, kissing face and falling asleep in his lap on the couch. And as I was getting ready to leave with her, not a surprise, Mike decides to adopt Panda as well!!!

So foster #19 I didn't even get a picture of! But she was sure darn cute, friendly in the extreme (it was weird for me to get a friendly TG dog. Not that they aren't friendly, but that usually I get the shy guys to build confidence with). She was a JRT without the attitude of a JRT. Even though it was only for an hour I know she's got that something special everyone is looking for in a dog.

So, Miika will have a friend, Panda will get the daddy she wooed, and I will return to being fosterless until we move into the new place. 2 weeks :) :).

Panda at TG:

Thanks for reminding me dogs know best little girl. I find it amazing that they seem to know when they've met their new families.

2 comments:

Jean said...

Ha! You may have just stumbled upon a way to increase the number of dogs finding new homes - we'll require every new adopter to transport one unadopted dog!
So glad to hear Panda found her family and let them know it. Nothing like a girl who knows her own mind - and can manipulate the men in her life! Love it!

camkid said...

I knew that Panda wasn't going to be in foster long; she was an amazing cuddlebug at the dog run; I thought that Gloria was going to take her home! Everyone wanted to pat and hold her; I'm glad that Miika has a friend who's calm and cuddly.