Friday, December 9, 2011

I Hate Moving -And Thinking About Adding a New Question to our Adoption Applications

Okay, the fact that we're moving finally hit when I purged our bedrooms. We have a small place, but somehow there were 4 full garbage full with stuff to donate, and one bag of garbage in our room alone -which is probably the least troublesome room in the house-. And I didn't get to under the bed! Oh boy. Here we go...

I've also been wondering lately if we should add a new question on our application forms:

Are you considering adopting any other dogs (from another rescue, or SPCA) at this time? Although we love for any dog to be rescued, by letting us know if you are pursuing any other dogs, it will let us know whether we should consider more applications for your pooch.

Or something like that. There has been more than once (actually, it seems to happen much too often) that there's an application, and if you don't get to it within oh say 48 hours, people decide to go adopt a different dog instead. What it leads to is loss of time and focus. Not that people shouldn't shop around, but that if a homechecker/rescue knows going in there are other options, we aren't surprised to find out about it after the fact.

Xena for example was adopted at one point only to find out that just before she was to go over, another dog was adopted instead (not the fault of that dog, and I'm glad they found their home!). But that left TG, Xena, and me (the foster mum) in the lurch, and since we figured she was 'adopted' we didn't accept anymore applications for her.

Of course she got a great home on a farm in the end, but what do you guys think? Fair question to ask potential adopters?

Oh, and because I'm still getting used to the camera, a few pics over the last few days. Beckett's the smart one: his mum is in a foul mood and he is smart enough to stay out of the warpath. Lemon hasn't quite figured out that I really don't like needy dogs when I'm trying to figure life out. But hey, she does make a good cuddle partner, and its really just oncoming chaos that is making me annoyed and I'm taking it out on the fuzz-pot.

Anyway, some pics:
I've Got a Comfy Butt

Jerrad gets his kisses from another woman!!!

All kinds of cute/All kinds of trouble.

If She Can't Cuddle with Us, she cuddles with Beckett
Glamour Shot

No comments: