Saturday, December 24, 2011

Gio Update

I love updates, especially over the holidays. Here's one from Gio, who is living it up in Vancouver!

Hi Emily,

Gio is great, still a lovebug/attention hog.  We can't sit down for a
moment in front of the tv without his giant head getting in the way.  He is
still a bit timid around new people/situations, but has improved so much.
He has even been approaching and sniffing strangers at parks (as long as
their backs are turned anyway or are not paying attention to him).  Even my
colleagues have been commenting that he's been gaining confidence on a
daily basis.

I really appreciate how calm (read: lazy) he is.  We've met some less than
friendly dogs on the road and he just doesn't engage with them.  He'll give
them a wide berth and continue on his way, sniffing things.  He seems to be
quite indifferent to most of the dogs we've met, friendly or not.  He'll
give them a quick hello and a quick sniff of the rear, and then walk off...
BUT he seems to LOVE any dogs that are of a husky/malamute breed.  There is
one husky that we've seen a couple of times in the off-leash area right
behind where I work, and I've never seen Gio get so excited about another
dog.  This lazy guy actually runs! And frolics! We met another husky around
my parents' neighbourhood last week, who was behind a fence, but Gio's tag
would not stop wagging...  (My guess is that he misses Beckett and sees a
bit of Beckett in these dogs he encounters!)

I have a ton of photos of Gio- some blurry, most silly.  I will get them to
you when I can figure out how to upload them from my phone.

Happy holidays!

Lori

Haha, I think its kind of funny he likes the huskies, considering Gio was the only foster (minus Sail) that Beckett didn't particularly care for. The boys were fine together, but I think Beckett was a bit jealous! (Not that he wants his people very often, but that they are still 'his' people :P). I also find it interesting, because I would have thought he'd like Pitties, considering he came in with friend Chica. Either way, Gio is a mush puppy, and I'm SO happy he's landed in a great home.

Here are some pics of him in his new home:








No comments: