Sunday, December 4, 2011

Found the Sports Mode.

I was hoping to have a foster to figure out the camera with, but in hindsight, its probably best she was adopted super fast. It hasn't quite sunk in yet, but we're moving!! (Although I don't think Panda would have cared at all).

Anyway, I was fiddling with the camera and wasn't very impressed with its blurriness. My 4 year old camera does better. Usually I get about 1/5 shots worth keeping. About 50% have to leave because they're just ugly or dogs aren't in the frame, or no one is looking at the camera. The others leave because even though everything else might be right they're blurry, or have red-eye, or numerous other camera-related problems.

But I found the sports mode! And I played Tuggie with Lemon to see how much it could handle. She's really a darting blur of a dog when the tuggie comes out (but don't bother throwing it, she's not a Retriever!)

Pics from the new camera:

I don't think my old cam could do this one :)




Marking: Just like her BIG BROTHER!


The littliest husky ball


I'm still figuring out how to adjust the settings for daytime/nighttime sports shots, as well as inside/outside ones. Unlike the old camera that did a good job on just about everything in sports mode, this one is picky. When you get it right, they pictures are quite stunning, but I have to refine my button-pushing skills. TECHNOLOGY!

11 days until the move. It hasn't sunk in yet. I'm still procrastinating against doing 'the purge'. My tuggie pile is growing instead. I have a habit of procrastinating on one thing to get another thing done, and then procrastinating against the procrastination and going back to what I was originally doing.

Hey, it can't be bad procrastination if its for the dogs right? Never :)

No comments: