Thursday, December 1, 2011

New Camera!

My parents are great. For my birthday they gave me money to save a dog -Kaiser-.  For my dad's birthday he wanted to save a dog. I said, "Send the money up to TG, Beckett's got family still up there!" So Dad sent money. They've also helped me go get Kaiser and Adam, visited my place twice when I had a gaggle of dogs (once when I had 7 ---though three were teeny, dumb board dogs, so I counted them as one together :P). And now, as I've been dropping hints that I would like a new camera -the old one is okay but it's batteries keep falling out and the lense is scratched so quite a few pictures that would have been good otherwise get turfed- I get a message on the answering to go pick one out, and they'll reimburse. It's not even Christmas yet!

Apparently I need good pictures to get dogs adopted, so they figure its a 'need'. I just got it yesterday so I'll have to figure out my settings, but a few pics.

The Revealing of the New Camera
Pic taken by Old Camera

New Camera
Pic Taken by Old Camera
I must admit, it still takes a decent picture. Too bad its falling apart :(
 The old Camera
Pic taken by new camera -which hasn't been set up quite properly.
You can see poor Old Camera is falling part on the bottom left!

 Trying out the new camera: Beckett's a Good Stationary Subject. Good definition on the fur :)

 Lemon Says: "Is this going to take long, I want SUPPER!"

I'm looking forward to using the new camera for pics of Panda, and for action shots and since its my day off tomorrow I'm going to play around with its settings in the yard. Although the old camera wasn't too terrible, I bought this one as its supposed to have a quality 'action shot' with not a lot of fuzzy blurs. We'll see. Dogs move fast!

Oh, and a little video to send you onto sweet dreams:

Once a Sheriff Dog, Now a Couch Hog

I just finished school so I'm now getting a little fidgety not having too much to do -except finish of the e-mails for tuggies, make tuggies and start purging for the move. But hey, that isn't enough to fill a day! Okay, so there's still stuff to do. But I find being whack-a-doodle busy is the best way to keep me sane, focused and committed. Too much downtime and I turn into a lazy slob. Of course a weekend here and there is a good reprieve. That said, I'm looking forward to having a house full again. It'll start with Panda, and I'm sure we'll have another somebody from somewhere come Christmas.

I wonder if anyone will be staying in foster over the holidays??
Only time will tell.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Emily, I just realized Beckett's one left eye is 'blue'?...with your new camera...Mya has one left eye which shows up as brighter (blue?)in photos also and shows lighter than the right side also....and he looks so much like her....he could be her son!...same pack, but he's much younger I think....

Emily said...

Beckett's blind in his left eye and has a cataract over it now (he was blind before he developed the cataract, but there doesn't seem to be much of a point to be removing it). His real eye color is brown -I think-. But regardless its still in the realm of possibility that Mya is his mum. Beckett is nearing 7 now. He was guesstimated to be close to three when we got him, and its been over 3 1/2 years now :).