Saturday, January 28, 2012

Alphie on Trial!!

Alphie went to trial today -they loved him so much they didn't want to wait for his eyes to fully clear up. Good luck little man!

(The only reason it's not a full adoption is because his eyes are still not up to snuff. Two more days of polysporin and a vet check will rule out anything, but we want to make sure he's healthy for them! I'm pretty sure its nothing serious, but I never doubt the power of Murphy's Law to screw something up. Oh god, how I pray its nothing serious!)

Pics of Alphie in foster care:







Trials always make me nervous, so I'm not offically counting Alphie out of the foster front until two weeks from now, but he's such an easy man if he needs to come back no big deal. The worst mistake to make with trials is thinking they're in the bag. 80% of the time they are, but as soon as you get cocky karma throws you a monkey wrench. Unless there's something severely wrong with his eyes, I'm sure this one is good to go though.

Oh, and on a side note, I came home to a jumpy happy spaniel all over me that jumped up -after nearly mauling me- on the couch and let me pet her with no flinching, no scooting over, no bending of the head thinking I might hit her. Just a happy spaniel ready for a good scratch. One month anniversary present? There's suckee spaniel underneath it all. The personality is as pretty as the package :) She's still an onion dog (layers of abuse and unkindness have taken their toll), but she wants to trust.

Trust in the process. Things work out how they're supposed to. You can't change the past, you can only move forward.

No comments: