Thursday, April 19, 2012

Island Dogz Does Away with Trials

I don't want to toot my own horn, but I got some exciting news today! Island Dogz, who Zephyr and Jasmine are with, have decided to abandon the 'trial period' and move to an 'adopt or not' policy. Of course, there is always time for a meet+greet with the dog and new owner to say yay or nay, but the two week trial period has been chucked out the door!

This I am thankful for :) Hopefully I won't have to deal with many more 'maybe' people :) Of course, the reality of rescue is that sometimes a match doesn't work out for whatever reason, but now there's no easy road out.

I was also asked recently if I would be on the board of the directors for Island Dogz, however, I politely turned them down. I'm a foster mum, and I love what I do, but I don't want to be apart of making important decisions. I want to lie on the couch with a fuzzball and go for a bunch of walks.

But mostly, I want to continue to be a free-spirit, not tied down to one rescue over another, free to see a face and go 'I need to foster that dog', but of course, staying loyal to Turtle Gardens, my heart rescue at the same time (the one rescue I'm not super picky about who they send me!)

So, I'm happy tonight, although a bit of a chicken with her head cut off organizing meet+greets and homechecks this weekend. DimSum has a possible, and I have a few running arounds to do for Brojack. Brojack really should just come foster with me -it would be much easier to take him places not having to pick him up and drop him off all the time!

But I rant. Tonight I say YAY. NO MORE TRIALS!

1 comment:

camkid said...

Hi Emily,
I'm really enjoying your blog. I'm arranging for a home visit on Bowen Island for Brojack. It might not happen till the 30th cause my home checker is out of town!