Tuesday, April 10, 2012

It's Spring, Where's my Applications :)

I'm just being impatient today. I have three homechecks this week, none of them for my dogs, so I know the adoptions are indeed picking up. I'm enjoying everyone here, they are all great dogs. I'm just eager for them to find their forever homes. And hopefully, now that the weather is better, it'll happen soon :) Foster bootcamp is fun, but I know the real happiness is in finding that special family. Especially for dogs like Zephyr and Migo, who are easy dogs. Opposite ends of energy, but both very easy dogs. Jas will take time to find someone who will deal with the transition period. DimSum is pretty much ready to go too, but isn't quite as easy as the boys. She's no longer a 'dog-experienced' only type dog though.

Not much new to report. Back at work, Migo's doing well, I've taught him to sit (with food), won't do it without the reinforcement yet. DimSum will join us at daycare shortly as she has developed a lot of confidence in her initial greetings with other dogs so should be fine meeting with 20+ dogs at a time now.

She's still on the timid side, but with Beckett around, its helping her out a lot. Beckett is quite exhausted! DimSum is crazy in love with him, Migo is crazy in love with him, of course Lemon is crazy in love with him. There's just not quite enough Beckett energy to go around. ?Ironically, its Zephyr who knows when he steal the bed (the 'playing bed') and take a minute or two to look slightly mean to scare off the pups. I knew he liked Beckett sometimes :)

Zephyr continues to do well. Jasmine is still having good days. She has the odd moment of 'OMG', but quickly puts herself to bed to calm down. I haven't had to help her along yet to calm her down.

Also, now that the weather is cooler, I'm thinking about doing a weekly group walk with whoever would like to come, or has people interested in meeting some dogs for adoption, etc, etc.

Oh, and I have a homecheck for Cubby (Lisa's foster boy) tonight. Hope it goes well :)

Probably not much more to report this week, but hopefully lots of pictures over the weekend.
Emily Out

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

HI Emily

The weekly group walk is a great idea. Sukhi and Veda would both benefit a lot from that. Keep us posted, and we hope to maybe see you this weekend. Good luck with the homechecks.

P&C