Tuesday, April 24, 2012

A Weekend "Off"

I have such a great bunch of dog friends. They definitely make my day when I'm getting a little down. ALL of the fosters have sleepovers lined up.

Migo is bunking in with Jessica's crew. He will hopefully learn some manners from her bitchy female dogs :)

Jasmine is hanging with Sherry, who understands she might be a bit of a transitional mess for the first day. It'll be a good experience for Jasmine though. Sherry is one of the few people I trust with the shyer/fearful/hard to transition dogs. She knows what she's doing!

Zephyr is going to be hanging out with Josh, the human brother of Kaiser's dad. Everybody has their fingers crossed Josh will want to keep Zephyr. They are both shy, quiet types.

DimSum is going to be hanging out with.... dun dun dun... Chowmein! Linda has generously offered to take her for the weekend, and the girls will have a reunion on the big fenced in acreage.

I will technically still be 'home', so I am here as back-up, but I'm hoping everyone (myself included) has a good weekend vacation. Until then, we'll be enjoying our walks, I'll be continuing with the spring cleaning, and working on some more people interaction with DimSum. She's not quite as 'terrier' as Chowmein was, so isn't quite as confident as Chow was when she left. But she's getting there. Once the initial 'you're scary' wears off, I find she's more affectionate than Chow was. ---I get mauled everyday when I come home. She loves me more than my own dogs.

Hopefully some more pictures this week. I get lazy once the dogs have been here for awhile :P
Emily Out

1 comment:

Lisa B said...

Enjoy your weekend off Emily!! Well deserved for sure...but I'm sure you'll be twitching by the end from the dog withdrawl.

p.s. I'm doing something on Sunday I said I would never do....(hint: rhyme's with guppy)....yes, that's right I'm going to start fostering Miss Zoomer. She melted my heart...and so my first puppy foster.