Monday, May 14, 2012

Another Year at the Farm!!

We got news super exciting today that we are able to resign a lease at the farm, and this time, a full year lease!!! (It came as a real surprise as our landlord was debating putting the place up for sale. However, it's been in his family too long to part with quite yet. So, we're here for another year!)

We are super excited, as this means we're able to continue fostering, some boarding, and if it happens, we would be in a situation to foster-fail again.

Although its a little far from town, it truly is a little piece of paradise, and I am SOOOOO happy to be able to stay. Truly, this is the kind of place that down the road I'd want to buy for myself and I'm priviledged to be able to live here.

Tonight I am shamelessly happy-dancing and thanking my lucky stars. To be honest, I don't know if Beckett would be too happy to be a city dog again. Now that he is used to his big field and his chickens and his rural lifestyle, he has found 'home'. Not that he hasn't always been happy, or that he was hard done by, just that he feels... at peace here, with Lemon, and the quiet and it's like he's truly the dog he was always meant to be.

Beckett was always meant to be a farm-dog.
Maybe it was your birthday present hey Beckster? (In just over a week, we'll have had Beckett four years), and he will be about 7-8 years old. Still young and spry for a middle-aged medium-large sized dog. I have the feeling when he does get 'old' he'll go fast. For now, he's still a playing machine.

No comments: