Sunday, May 27, 2012

Left Behind, Kiiri


With only Zephyr, and a new TG foster not for minimum another week and a half I had the sneaky suspcision that meant there was someone else who would land here in between. I know too many people and have too many dog networks to stay 'empty'. After you foster for a bit, you don't have to go finding dogs to foster, many, many ask to come in. I've been diligent in saying no. Sometimes though... you just have to say yes.

And that's where my newest foster comes in.

This sweet girl was pulled from certain death in California, but the (Canadian) person she was pulled for never came to rescue her from transport! So I get a text from a rescue friend "they'll have to bring her back to Cali if they don't find room for her."

My next text, a little too fast was "is she good with other dogs?"
And then one right after it "Will a rescue back her?"

(IE: I'm not taking any on my own on.)

I'm sure they knew they had me at that point. So, they brought her over from Vancouver to me yesterday. Her new name for a new life is Kiiri, and she is a 10 pound, 2 year old Chi x Min Pin kind of girl. -They said Chi, if they had said Min Pin, it would have been no dice! (I've had some not so great experiences with Min Pins.)

Regarldess of her mix though so far really cuddly, not phazed at all by dogs big or small. I'll get to know her more in the coming days. Right now she's in bed with Jerrad enjoying basking in the sun from the sky light.

The biggest surprise is that Zephyr is SMITTEN. I'm not sure what's up with him and small dogs, but he absolutely has big sexy 'I love you and think you're sexy' ears for miss Kiiri. He keeps scoothing over on the couch trying to indicate she should come up with him :)

For now, here are some pictures of Kiiri.

House pet at some point -she is too used to the comforts of indoor living not to be.


She's just a bit smaller than Lemon, but she's got a slim, long nose.
A bath and good food will help her coat out too.

Kiiri posing at the farm -she'd much rather go play with Lemon.
And so far... no sign of any kennel cough, which is good since a lot of the US dogs come up with it. Hopefully, whoever originally rescued her realized that the Cali dogs should stay in boarding IN CALI for about two weeks to get rid of any bugs that might have gotten from the shelter. She's pretty spunky though, so I don't think she's feeling under the weather at all :) We'll keep her home a week just to be on the safe side.



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I dunno Emily.... .... She looks min pin to me.

This just might be your first good experience with a min-pin!

Wendy

Emily said...

When they brought her out of the car it was like 'that's no chi... that's a MIN PIN!'. But, she was here and I had said yes to her.

Wasn't going to ship her back to California :P. So far, she has some tude, but nothing like your usual Min Pin. Being a girl helps ;) It's only male min pins I have not so lovely encounters with.

Anonymous said...

I looked after a female min pin ... with some tude (part of her charm) ...... but also an easy little doll to have around overall.

There are breed traits... however, I have also seen that there can be a lot variation in temperament/energy within 'breeds' & they all have their own personalities.. of course.
Good luck... and Thank you for saving another one.
Wendy