Monday, May 14, 2012

Migo... Adoption PENDING.

Migo met with George yesterday, and the two hit it off. Although George didn't apply for Migo, the application was passed on from Island Dogz, as they didn't have somebody that would fit him. Everyone had their fingers crossed Migo was truly his fit.

Right before I went to bed, I got the e-mail:

Hi Emily,

Thanks for coming to visit and bringing Migo with you.  I would like to adopt him if
I am qualified to do so.  I really enjoyed having him here and I feel that he was
comfortable with me as well.
If I qualify I could come and get him this coming weekend.  I also would like
a recommendation on which training course we should take here in Duncan.  Looking
forward to hearing from you :)

George

So, Migo will be going home this upcoming weekend :). George can take him to work with him, and will start training as well to make Migo the best companion that he can be.

In the month and a half Migo has been here, he has really grown up. He went from bouncing off the walls all the time, to being content with an hour of solid exercise a day and a play session or two, and being a mellow couch potato the rest of the day. He has learnt some basic commands -a first for one of my foster dogs- and has overcome some resource guarding with other dogs. He is more than ready to continue his adventure and go to his forever home.

Migo looking all grown-up.

Maybe we'll finish a good roll-over this week! What a great anniversary present yesterday brought. I'm so glad Migo gets to go home!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

ohh Migo of the beautiful dog' he will get his special home ' good for him '' and Beckett 'special boy' love your posts Emily and can't wait to see your 3 rd addition to your pack' cheers Polly