Friday, May 11, 2012

Couple of Videos + New TG Foster Coming Tomorrow


It's been an uneventful week dog wise. Migo wasn't feeling good on Monday, so he's been on lots of bed rest during the day, and comes out when Jerrad gets home and has between 4pm-11pm to get his energy out. He is feeling much better, but he is also proving that without daycare, he can still play like a civilized dog inside the house.

Oh, and although the first video doesn't mean a whole lot to anyone who hasn't lived with Migo as he was going through a "MINE" phase, it makes me proud. When he first came, he thought every toy was his, and was going to be damned if another dog touched it. But, with practice, and a combination of positive training and solid consequences, we've come to the 'results' part. Migo not only doesn't guard his toys anymore, he also SHARES them.





In other news we pick up our new TG foster dog tomorrow. I'm both excited, and as per usual, a bit anxious too. For all that I know when they get here they're going to be just fine, no matter who is coming, Chihuahua, Rotti, whippet, I'm ALWAYS nervous. I shouldn't be, but I am. I'm just glad when they land and everything is okay (it always is).

I might still be jinxed, but here it goes, my new foster will be...

Pika the Pug Mix!


My first foster Tucker was some sort of puggle mix, so I asked if Pika wasn't adopted if I could foster her. Somehow, a week later, that's still the plan. I'm looking forward to seeing you Pika (who will undoubtedly be called 'Pikachu' at almost every turn). I'm not sure how old she is, but I'm sure I'll know soon enough.

It's going to be a fun, but LONG weekend!
Emily Out

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

wow awsome news for Migo' he is a down right great dog!! and you did awsome for him !!wtg Emily and good for you Migo!! i think he is great.i am sad i never got a foster as i have back pain and its not fun ..........sigh just hope it goes away soon'' cheersPolly