Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Happy Rescue Birthday Beckett

Four years ago, the TG bus came down to Vancouver with not only my new best friend on it, but also the seeds that change the direction of your life altogether. Not only did he start me fostering, but he lead me down the road to working at the daycare. To think, I might still be ordering teenagers around at the local grocery store!

Beckett was approximately 3 years old when he came to us, although the local vet guessed he might be closer to 4-5. Ironically, every yearly vet visit we get a different age. After his first year here, they thought he was only two or three -less than before-, the year after that when his sight started to really go, they thought he was about seven (more in line with what we originally thought, but still a bit older). One year ago, they gave us a range of 6-9, which seems most likely. Besides his eyes and some wear on his teeth he is quite youthful. We're hoping he's on the younger side. So, he's probably 7-8 now. His vet appointment later this month will yet again give us a better idea. Regardless, he doesn't act like an old dog.

These days Beckett enjoys his farm life, his sister Lemon, and the comings and goings of foster dogs. He is a pack guy. Parts of me are sad I wasn't able to get him a sibling sooner. However, I think he got exactly the sibling he needs. All things in their proper time. He has mostly stopped going to daycare as he gets more than enough dog interaction here and at the lake -his favourite spot-, but if we still need a big dog to screen new clients, he gets called in.

Although Lemon is much more interactive with people thank Beckett, he will always be my heart dog. The dog that started it all.


Beckett, Lord of the Chickens

All the puppies are gone! I get the bed all to myself!!



5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awwwwwwww Happy Birthday Anniversary coming from TG arrival Beckett Boy' We do all get the dog we need ' & Beckett got Lemon ' congrats Emily ' you adopted your heart boy' its hard to let any of them go'' cheersPollyB

Lisa B said...

Happy anniversary! Does Beckett get cake??

Anonymous said...

...... and what an wonderful dog he is!
wendy

Anonymous said...

Happy Big Birthday Becket
Boy...You must know how yr human mama and papa adore you...Yr big grin pretty much gives it away big guy...The day after yr special day I celebrated my First birthday...My humans picked up some roast beef and chicken...It is one of the best things I have ever had...they never eat the stuff themselves so I knew that it was really special!!!...and I gave my mama a real loving up...you know...how I act around your Emily and Jared...she loved that! Of course I had to share the 'real thing' with my adopted sister Veda....oh well. See you on Saturday.

arf,
Sukhi-Pants

King & The Royals said...

OMdOG ! We missed your Birthday!! Please Forgive us Beckett! Hope you had a GRrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr8 one! We still have some left over Tripe Bday cake. We'll wrap it up and send it over... Whats that?? .... Duchess Sammy ate it ALL!! Oh sheesh. :( Sorry Beckett ole man maybe nmxt year. Hugs and sloppy licks to ya anyway.
HAPPY BLATED. The Royals ♥