Monday, February 6, 2012

A Home for Allie

If you've been following along with Allie's journey, you might have read that she had a meet+greet tonight. She did!

Allie did great at her meet+greet. She wasn't overly fearful, but still showed enough of the 'old Allie' as to not fool her potential new mum into getting a dog she isn't. She was coaxed into eating cheese from her potential mum's hand and had great introductions skills with the current dogs (a pack of three quiet confident maltese mixes).

It's a great little country setting. And the clincher "Oh, I know it can take years for some abused dogs to come around. That's okay. You can't undo two years of abuse immediately."

Maybe those were the magic words I needed to hear. Cause, its going to take awhile. Allie's come a long way, but there's still a long way to go. I'm glad she'll get to spend it in her own forever home :)

So.... the plan is for Allie to be adopted on Sunday, so that she'll have 2-3 days of having her new mom around full-time. No trial, no nonsense, just a forever home.

I'll enjoy my (last) week with Allie, and not count all the eggs hatched, but I'm pretty sure Allie has found forever. Way to go my girl. It only gets better from here on out.

No comments: