Saturday, February 25, 2012

Mopey, a Twist, and the Bladder of Steel Continues

With no car, Jerrad had to stay overnight at a friend's after his shift. There are no busses even close to home at 1:00am. None of the dogs even came to bed with me! Brats! So after tossing and turning for awhile, I decided to sleep on the couch.

This morning I've done 3 about half hour walks around the property. I'm antsy. Not that I usually go anywhere, just that without the ability to actually go anywhere, I feel stuck. And its really close to an hour walk to GO anywhere. I'm also not used to Jerrad being away completely overnight. Big bummer!

I don't know if Chow is picking up my nervous energy on her leash, but she's resigned herself to NOT peeing on her leash today. She's been doing well this week with it though she knows she can wait until daycare to poo! She's a brat that way! She knows the drill. She doesn't pee, she goes back in her kennel, and she's making no fuss about that. But when her last pee was last night at just after midnight, and its about 11am now, I'm close to giving in -but won't, I'll probably go do another loop in the next hour and she'll probably finally pee-. I think me being off is throwing her. She's sensitive. She's really a dog that mimics the energy being fed her. Beckett is indepedent, if he doesn't like the energy, he leaves. Lemon is one of those nearly bomb-proof dogs that would do pretty well most anywhere. Chow is a dog that would really benefit from someone that understands gentle, sensitive dogs. She doesn't understand what to do when you aren't in a calm, mostly assertive state.

PICTURES OF THE CREW

Dogs Tired after Daycare

Chow always looks like she's smiling.

Lemon playing with Chow.

Raging Beasts.

She's even happy when she sleeps!
I've also been a bad foster mum and have been calling her Lemon and Beckett's 'sister' instead of their foster sibling as I usually do. To be perfectly honest, if I owned my own home and didn't have to worry about possibly moving with 3 dogs, I'd adopt her. She fits in flawlessly. She sweet, but still has character and spunk. And its annoying, because I know, except for commitment to 10-15 years, I can offer her everything a puppy needs. BUT, she's not mine. I'm sure once we find her a great family, my attachment to her will mostly go away. It wouldn't be fair of me to adopt her without knowing what the future holds. MAYBE if we had already resigned a lease for another year, but nope. My brain has to trump my heart. But I'm sure she'll find someone even better than here!

On a different note, I really have to find out why I'm getting attached more and more. I'm not sure if its the dogs (Chow is DEFINITELY a dog I would have considered for adoption, even before Lemon), but for whatever reason they just get to me more. Maybe that's not such a bad thing though.

And cause I like to post some of the better pictures of my pooches, a few of them too :)

Size is all about perception says Lemon to a little Beckett.

What nice Chompers you ladies have.

Lemon won't let Chowmein play with Beckett's tail. LOL!

What you sneering at?

Hmm, I wonder who didn't get to go to daycare ;)
The other note is about Migo, who I was going to be fostering temporarily until his potential home including the autistic son meeted and greeted with him. Unfortunately, Migo's home backed out, AND Migo has developed pancreatitis, which they have to get under control before sending him. So, no Migo until at earliest the end of March. Get well Migo! I'll make sure you have a foster spot if you need one :)

Well, off to do another loop. Pee for Chow here we come!
Emily Out


Fingers crossed the Camry is salvageable.
Emily Out

No comments: