Sunday, February 26, 2012

New Dogmobile

Well, both the vehicles died in the same week, and both of engine failure. FML. When things like to go wrong, they really like to go wrong in clusters. I can feel the money flying out my hands... So, as much as it burns the bank, we can't go without transportation. That's the downside of living on the farm. Busses and walking are kind of out of the question.

So we poked through the ads and found our new dogmobile!

1997 Subaru Legacy Outback

It's even got a dog barrier already! So, I can easily tote around 5-6 dogs, or more depending on size (although I like 6 to be my max unless we're talking Chihuahuas). We've got to get some new tires on her, but she's a bit of an upgrade from the 88 Tercel and the 86 Camry. Here's hoping she'll last us at least another 3-5 years.

Funny story. This car had a lot of interest, but I was the only 'articulate' person who replied to the ad ;) Writing skills pay off!

In other quick news, I'm scratching my head wondering how the heck Chow hasn't had any interest. She's a pup for crying out loud. Isn't everyone supposed to want a pup? Maybe its a slow time for adoptions??

Tomorrow I pick up Marley (the Cali dog), and bring him to his foster mum, and tomorrow or Tuesday, Promise and A-Lang show up --A-Lang will almost certainly have another foster home, but he'll land here if he needs to.

Boarding is picking up a bit too, so up to a full house this week. But that's okay. I don't like the transition periods of having a full-house (those 2-3 days), but once things settle I really enjoy having 4-6 bodies around.

And now, to a nap. I've been stressing all weekend about vehicles that I think I need to crash.
Emily Out

3 comments:

camkid said...

Congrats on the new wheels; sorry both cars have died! I hope that the curse of thing happening in 3's doesn't come true this time! Please don't tell me that Chow has not had any bites; I so love her photo and personality! She would have had a great time this morning. I took Silky to McDonald Beach near the airport and threw balls in the water; there were so many dogs there and Silky was amazing! She is a ball hog and loves nothing better than chasing someone else's ball.

I might have to break down and come see you on the weekend!

Emily said...

You're more than welcome to come visit me on the weekend :) I don't mind that Chow hasn't had any bites, its just weird is all :P. But I trust her family will find her when they are meant to :)

Silky the ball hog. She could probably hog all Chow's balls. Chow likes to swat them around but usually doesn't run after them. Nylabones, now those are another matter. THOSE she'll run for!

Jean said...

I'm not sure that it is a slow time for adoptions so much as a big time for pups - almost every rescue and shelter I volunteer with is inundated with pups right now. But Chow is such a great-looking pup, I'm sure she'll find her forever home soon.
Congrats on the car - I'm a wee bit jealous. I've always loved the Outback but somehow never end up with one. Nice car, great reviews - happy travellin'.