Friday, March 9, 2012

4 Zonked Pooches, and Longing for a Greyhound

So, the TUAPAS continue to love Jerrad much more than myself. I think its because I'm the 'commanding one' of the household. I'm used to my own dogs, that don't have that 'eager-to-please' thing going on in their heads. They are 'do what she says or we'll get torn a new strip' dogs. Sigh. Most dogs aren't, and I would be more than happy to use only positive reinforcement, if it actually worked.

But, I tried the off-leash hike a couple of days ago starting with nothing but positive, and by god Beckett was in one direction, and Lemon tore after a jogger, and they were like 'freedom suckers!!!'. So, Emily the bitch came back out in full force. If I maintain the first five minutes of mean mother, we're good for the rest of the walk. Sigh, must I always be the bad cop?

Zephyr and Jasmine are soft dogs. Not exactly 'eager-to-please' types, but dogs that don't like raised voices, or quick movements, or the whole 'leader' thing. So, they gravitate to Jerrad -the good cop.

Tonight, after Jerrad left for work, they both whined for about two minutes, and then headed into their crates of their own free will. Thanks guys. Good to know I'm not really worth spending time with! I'm so loved. (Yaya, whine whine, complain complain. I actually don't mind that much, and Jerrad is pretty giddy he finally has fosters who LOVE him and don't want much to do with me.)

In other news, while I'm supposed to be doing a mountain of homework, I finish a small boulder sized chunk, and get to looking at greyhounds for adoption.

Why greyhounds. Cause Meshum and daycare and badly bred dogs are scaring me senseless that Beckett, being 7, is 'old'. (He's MIDDLE-AGED!). But still, its scary. He could live another 7 or more years, or he could only have a year or two left. And basically, when he goes (hopefully not for a long LONG time), I want another Beckett dog. I can understand why people clone their good dogs.

So, I've decided #3 will be a greyhound (rescued!). (Hahahaha right, I'll probably somehow end up getting a dog I never thought of, but you know, I'm keeping myself occupied). But really, aren't they gorgeous!




Still, I'd rather just freeze Beckett. Don't get old on me man. You are the best dog I could ever ask for!
I'm not looking old to you am I??
Darn Meshum and scaring me!

No comments: