Sunday, March 18, 2012

Moved, and Some Sad News

Well, we got everything moved over -safe to say, our 1st livingroom looks like a disaster zone, but hey, I think we scored a lot of goodies out of the deal. The TUAPAS had a good day hanging with Miranda, Kaiser's mum and won over her fiance on fostering too ;) Sometime soon I hope! The dogs proved to be who they usually are: indoor couch potatoes, outside active, spunky dogs. Sure, they're no young pups, but they're no on death doors dogs.

Which is sad, because their homecheck was a bust. "Too old." Too old my butt. If I could freeze Beckett at almost seven, I totally would! That's okay, they're more than welcome to stay, and I'm sure they'll find great homes that appreciate them for the middle-aged dogs they are.

Sheesh, when I get old, I want to be considered well-seasoned and experienced, not 'too old'.

The wheels of rescue go round. I had that itch it was too good to be true to see them both go together. I hate when those negative itches turn out to be true.

But there has to be nice 'seasoned' people wanting nice 'experienced' dogs. For now, they'll enjoy their cushy blankets (or in Jas' case, her crate with its open door). For them, its just another day in a comfy place.

No comments: