Thursday, March 8, 2012

Update from Chow, Pics at the Lake, and Dear God, It's that Time of the Semester Again

First off, an update from Chow!

Hi Emily

Well, we have renamed Chowmein "Lucy", and her first day was better than we
could have hoped for.

She settled in quickly, slept quietly all night and in the morning was
reintroduced to Midas.  They played together all day in the garden.  Midas
started with his goofy behaviour, but quickly got sorted out and by
afternooon they were sharing a bone and running around the yard together
like best buds!  Lucy has good manners with the cats and walks very nicely
on her leash.  I think Midas behaved better than usual on our walk to the
mailbox as Lucy set a good example.

She follows me from room to room and is a fast learner.  She was coming
when called yesterday afternoon (except when she was hiding under a shrub
chewing on a bone and wanting a few minutes to herself.)  This morning one
of the cats joined us on our walk up the driveway for the newspaper and
Lucy settled at my feet when I sat down with my coffee and paper.  Aaahhh.
She's the perfect dog for us and seems to enjoy life in the country.  Today
we are going into Sooke together and she can meet some of the locals.

All the best,
Linda

Secondly, some pictures of the TUAPAS from our trip to the lake!

Zephyr on the move.

Beautiful Jasmine
Loose Leashes on the Lake Walk

Zephyr wants perfectly in line with Jerrad and Beckett.
Other news is that the semester is really picking up, and my brain just doesn't want to get into school mode. My problem is that I write a ton when I'm not in school, so that when I'm in school, I find it hard to write new stuff for deadline -I do best without judgement. Granted, I need those deadlines. So, I'm quite glad I've only got the TUAPAS for the next couple of weeks, as I really need to remind myself I'm a student before I'm a dog daycare worker, and before I'm a foster mum. I CAN do it all, I just need to remind myself school needs some focus! That I can't just sail through a master's like I did my bachelors.

Besides, I'm paying way too much just to coast!

So, if there aren't too many updates over the next week or two, I apologize. When I'm in extreme school mode, I lose all track of time anyway. I will resurface at the end of the month, when most likely I'll be getting my new TG foster -who will remain a mystery, even to me, until a couple days before the bus comes down.

And now, to that mountain of schoolwork I've been ignoring for the last week or two!
Emily Out

No comments: