Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Happy Dogs in Happy Homes Updates

Okay, so I scooped the pictures off facebook, so no real 'updates', but the pictures say it all!

Alfie hanging out in Tofino.

Alfie tackles the beach with his dad.

Tye is proud to be both a 'sled dog' and have a new baby in the house!

Tucker, my very first foster, having an off-leash blast at China Beach.

Tucker at China Beach Take 2
Having a nice relaxing week dog wise. After the first two weeks in foster, the dogs settle in well and besides normal exercise and such, usually don't pose a lot of issues that need work (unless they're terriers that suddenly figure out they're terriers!). Or, they're an Allie. The Tuapas are definitely not Allies! They walk, they eat, they lay at your feet, they head to their crates for quiet time. They're nice and easy. Good housemates.

Otherwise finishing up my final projects at a good pace, and enjoying the weather. Jas leaves for her trial Thursday, and I will bug Miranda in the next day or two whether Josh will be putting in an application for Zephyr. I might send Zephyr over their way to spend more time there too.

Have you heard of those companies that 'rent' their dogs out for walks. I think you could do that with Zephyr and make some good money ;) Or, maybe better, find him a great home. Hmm... I ought to try that with Lemon :P. Wherever we go people like her. I don't bring her to homechecks or meet+greets with my fosters anymore, as she tends to steal the show. Funny, in the month or so she was here before we adopted her, she had absolutely 0 interest. But, I always figure, even in the down times, or in adoption fall throughs, or whatever, that things happen how they're supposed to. The right home is out there, sometimes it takes a weird string of events to get there.

Emily Out

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Zephyr is beautiful.
What a very nice gentle dog.
I love him.
(can't adopt right now though)