Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Allie Update, California Save comes to the Boarding front, and a Meet + Greet for Zephyr and Jasmine

Well, first the most exciting news. An Allie update!

She's doing great and you're never getting her back :)  Allie's adapting to family life and getting more and more active and snuggly.

Whoot! Go Allie go. I knew Brenda had the patience to wait her out. I'm sure she had more than a few nights of 'what the heck have I got myself into!' But Allie is worth the wait. I betcha now that she's rediscovered her inner puppy, she'll an unstoppable force of confidence within her safe zones.

Then, a couple of days ago I got a weird call. It was Lexi's mum. At first I was like 'Lexi??', but then I realized this was the mum of one of the Chis I'd saved from California. Lexi came up with Chula and Netty, and was fostered by my friend Allie.

Well, Allie can't board anymore (new job), so I'm next in line :). Lexi has a very sweet family, but she is a timid girl. BUT, after the first hour or two of 'OMG, new people, new place, new dogs', and shaking and panting suddenly she's quite confident about it all. Hmm, to convince her family to get another dog ;) She plays with Lemon and is snuggly. I like her very much, and its too cool to have a dog you've helped save come back and spend some time with you.

Oh, and Zephyr loves her. He tails her around everywhere. I think Zephyr is a little Chihuahua addicted. Lemon is the only dog I've ever seen him try to play with.

Which comes to the last cool thing today. Zephyr and Jasmine have a younger couple (I never know how young is young, since we were really young when we adopted Beckett, and are still 'young') interested in seeing both of them. I really hope they like Zephyr. He's the perfect 'first dog'. Not that Jas isn't a great dog, as she is, but she's going to take a longer time to transition. Zephyr is kind of ready-made, and he would adore to be a single dog. Hopefully they don't think they're too old like the other people. Not quite sure when the meet+greet is yet, but hoping sooner than later :).

Dog run this weekend, not sure whose coming -I think DimSum has been scooped-. I leave that in Yvette (and Denise's) capable hands and figure they'll let me know whose coming before I pick them up on Sunday.

Fingers crossed for the TUAPAS. Someone has to appreciate a nice middle-aged dog :)

Emily Out

No comments: