Monday, March 26, 2012

Happy Update: Kaiser!

Since there was no bus run yesterday, we decided that instead of Miranda taking Zephyr out to meet a person potentially interested in him, that we'd just all go to the lake together. (We'll see if the interested party puts an application in ;) ) So, we got to meet up with Kaiser!

For anyone not familiar, I saved Kaiser as a gift to myself for my birthday, back in September now. He spent over a month in a shelter before that, and then almost a month in boarding afterwards. He went through a somewhat sketchy foster home (at this point, I couldn't have any more dogs at my old residence), but in the end, he landed right where he belonged.

Some video out on our trip:


Beckett loved Kaiser right away. As soon as he got out the house she was like 'thank dog, a big dog to really PLAY with'. Lemon is good for every day kind of play, but not let loose and conquer kind of play.

And some pictures, cause I really like fiddling with my camera. I think I might just put that very kind donation Chow's people gave to me into taking a photography lesson or too. Hey, it'll help the dogs out too right :)

Here are some of Kaiser and the Crew from our walk:

Kaiser Playing Tug with his Dad Dan

Exploring the Lake


Forgot the sports mode, but what a shot!

Take off! (With Josh, Dan's brother, who was interested in meeting Zephyr)

Kaiser enjoys his stick.


Looking Old and Wise.


No Dad, I don't want to go home yet!!
And a couple of our crew from the day too:
Zephyr with Josh.

We three Brindles

Beckett Tentative about the Water

Zephyr: Can we PLEASE get back to Hiking!

Playing hard to get with Josh.

Beckett looking all Puppy
Lemon on the Trail
It took about 4 months, but Lemon is a great physical (non-butterball) condition now.
She's also changed colors -she's quite a bit darker now and her freckles are more prounounced.
Beckett walking Jasmine on the trail.

Lemon and Jas down by the water with Jerrad.
I'm so glad its spring! I'm walking around in a sweater and feeling like going on longer and longer hikes. Be prepared incoming foster dogs, we're going to be walking a whole lot! Fingers crossed Zephyr made a good impression -he was a bit of dork being standoffish, but got quite comfortable in the end. Well, off to work -its nice days like this that make me kind of sad I work at an indoor daycare. But when the rain comes, I'm so glad I do :)

Emily Out

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

love reading about and seeing pics of all the dogs you
foster!
The world needs more like you.