Friday, March 23, 2012

Dogs Know Best -When it Comes to their Forever home Anyway ;)

I had a greet meet and greet with Zephyr and Jasmine this morning and a young couple who have quite a bit of dog experience. I had thought going in that Zephyr would be his typical loving self, and Jas would be a shy, skittering ball. Wow, did I NOT have that pegged.

They pretty much swapped roles (which is both surprising, and so interesting, because the couple were mostly interested in Jasmine to begin with). After a few minutes of walking and warming up, Jas was a happy, curious, ear-scratch loving girl. She went back to their place and confidently walked around and sized it up and asked for scritches and gazed adoringly at her reflection in the many mirrors. She liked the man right away, and quickly liked the girl too. Zephyr on the otherhand was very standoffish and not his usual self. I wonder if he knew he needed Jas to have the attention.

It's funny how dogs seem to know when/where/who they need to be with. I think today Jasmine picked her people -and I think they picked her too-. We're gearing up for a 'trial' (have I mentioned I really don't like TRIALS!) for early next week :) They seem very committed though.

It's not in the bag yet, but Jas went in and conquered. Go Jas go.

We also got to visit with Suhki, Veda, Cheryl and Peter today. I love my goofy little Suhki pants -poor guy is recovering from a sprain, and I'm sure we didn't help that recovery at all! Suffice to say he always remembers us :). As per usual, he has the most stunning temperment, and gives the best kisses. Veda (previously Fala) is also quite the sweetie. Fiery too -like good redheads should be! Hopefully we'll get out again with them soon. If I get to foster some pups over the summer, I know who will want to play with them!

Lexi goes home tomorrow, and I'm going to miss her. She can stay for as long as she wants :) She's such a funny little goofy girl, and as cuddly as Lemon. I need to convince her family she'd do well to have a confident housemate to help her become more confident. With the dogs here, she's super confident. There's nothing quite like a stable, happy pack.
Little Lexi after a play session -and yes, that's a tiny wiimote
beside her.  Talk about your pipsqueak dogs.


Oh, and one of Lemon for good measure -I'm sorry, I haven't been so good with the camera lately. This is one Jerrad took :) She's so hard done by.

Talk about Stressed



No comments: