Monday, March 5, 2012

The Day You Keep Refreshing Your E-mail Every 5 Seconds

Well, I decided.

We're going with Home #1: Linda, her family and Midas the Shep x.

I got really stinking lucky that I didn't have to send the 'heartbreak e-mail' to Cody and crew, as they were very nice and thoughtful and sent an e-mail just after I sent one to Linda that although they like Chow very much, that they think she would do best in a home with canine companionship. I agree, but it didn't make the decision easy! I kind of wanted to clone Chow and let both homes adopt her! But there is Mr. or Miss Heart Dog out there for Cody and crew. They're definitely pre-approved at TG :)

So, now I'm playing that waiting game of "Oh please say yes, that you still want her, that there isn't one of a million different little things that means Chow doesn't get her home. Please tell me adoption is close at hand." I never count my chickens. Rescue is less smooth than a pair of thining scissors.




Rescue's like a Pair of Thining Scissors

So, although I've been trying to do some homework all morning, I've more been obsessively refreshing my e-mail. I hate the 'not knowing'. This is the hardest part of rescue for me. Waiting for the answer that will give a dog their happily ever after.

I have every part of me crossed. I'm going to be a bit of a jittery, excited mess at work today. People things are so much more stressful than dog things!

You'll know as I know!
Emily Out

3 comments:

camkid said...

Hey Emily congrats on Chow finding her furever home (fingers crossed!). Would Cody and family be interested in any of the pups that Julia or Gloria are fostering; they're cute as heck!

I'm so glad that Cody and realized that Chow would be great with another dog in the house! There's also Chow's sister McDim Sum?!

Emily said...

I'm not sure on the pups front. They're a great family, the biggest obstacle is that Jena (or Tera, sorry if you're reading this!) is allergic to different types of fur/hair, and not necessarily non-shed/low-shed dogs. So they would absolutely need a meet+greet with a dog before adoption. I've pre-approved them for a TG dog if they'd like though.

PS: You get that application for Toffee in Victoria, and you slide that puppy over here for me to a do a homecheck! (I had her lined up for my next foster ;) ---for like, all of a day)

camkid said...

That's too bad about the allergies; maybe Dim Sum will be similar to Chow. I got the application for Toffee, I'll send it to you right now.