Saturday, March 24, 2012

Such a Nice Day!

Minus the fact that my scholarship stuff is screwed to pieces, it was a really nice day. GORGEOUS weather, and here I was slaving away until mid-afternoon on homework (April 3rd is my final day of school for the year). It's going to be a BUSY week. At 3:30 I gave it up and decided to get out to enjoy the weather.

We piled everyone in the car and headed out to Elk Beaver lake to do a shorter run (our usual 6-7km instead of the full ten).

Boy, was the trail pretty packed, but that didn't stop everyone from having a good time.

With regular exercise and a good diet plan, Zephyr's looking pretty good!
He's lost 3 pounds already, and has about 5-8 more to lose.

Lemon off leash with the Tuapas.
Tuapas out for a walk -The jingling is Beckett's tags
(he uses them so he doesn't run into stuff)

Jasmine is heading off to trial on Thursday. Yeah Jasmine! Tomorrow we're moving the TUAPAS back downstairs, or at least Zephyr as he's getting grouchy. To the point where he'll shut down Beckett and Lemon before they even start playing. Time for Zephyr to get some alone (ish) time. Of course he'll still be going on the hikes and Jerrad is down there most of the day studying, and Lemon is a sneaky little bugger and defies the baby gate any chance she gets. Most of the time she'd rather be up here with Beckett and me, but she'll go down and visit. Zephyr quite likes her anyway. I'm very glad for the set up we have here now. If somebody needs some alone time, its fairly easy to accomodate.

We're picking up our new TG foster tomorrow. I do believe its Cubby, but I haven't gotten the usual confirming e-mail, so I might be totally surprised when I go to pick up whoever is coming. With homework out the wazoo, as long as it isn't somebody that's going to take up a lot of time, we can deal. Pictures tomorrow of our new TG arrival :)

Emily Out

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just curious, how do Beckett's tags keep him from running into stuff?

Emily said...

I'm not a scientist or anything, but basically when they hit each other (he has about 6 different tags) they create sound waves which go out. The wave stops when it hits something, so those with good ears (like dogs) they can pick out when the sounds hit stuff and avoid that stuff. A little bit like echolocation. Of course, he still runs into some stuff, but he starts to freak when his collar is taken off, which makes me quite convinced the jingling tags help him out quite a bit.

camkid said...

Sorry to hear about your scholarship; hope things will get straightened out! Log your blogs; hope that both Zephyr and Jasmine trials work out; whoever said that 7 is old obviously doesn't know Silky! At 5 1/2 she has not slowed down one bit and still gives me a run for my money!

camkid said...

Crap, stupid keyboard! Should read "Love your blogs"!

Piper said...

I have heard of echolocation for blind dogs...I'm sure his tags help him a lot.

And 7 yrs is not old... our 9.5 yr old chocolate lab can run circles around all of our other dogs and any dog she comes across... she doesn't get tired ever!