Thursday, March 29, 2012

And Jas is on Trial

We dropped Jas off at her trial today. And for only ever having one accident in the house in the month she's been here, what does she promptly do upon entry to her new home. Both a pee and a poo. Oh well, the couple were very nice about cleaning up after her -they already had doggie doo bags ready to go for a walk.

She'll probably take a couple of days to get used to being in a new place, and as an only dog, but she wasn't worse for not having any other canine companionship about, which was good. Unlike TG, Island Dogz, who I work with for the Taiwanese dogs, almost always does a trial period just to make sure. (I'm not really for the trial, as people either stick to it, or they don't, but I'm just a foster mum). We'll see how it goes. I'm not going to say its in the bag until the papers are signed, but I have a good gut feeling. My brain has lied to me, my heart sometimes lies to me, but my gut. My gut is rarely wrong. Hopefully its still working correctly with all the school chaos going on.

In the upcoming few days:
I get to board my favorite Great Dane for part of the weekend. The funniest part is that I usually go to bed an hour or so before Jerrad, and she comes to bed with me. Negotiating bed space with a Great Dane isn't very easy. Most of the time he ends up on the couch :P Hey, she's a paying customer!

I get Migo this weekend, who has been months in the making. He has interest still, but needs a real meet+greet with the current dogs to make sure. It's much easier for dogs -whether from as far away as Taiwan, or from up north like TG- to get interest in the city. More and more people want to meet their dog before committing. I totally get it -especially if you're looking for dog #2 or dog #3. So, Migo shouldn't be staying long, but he has a spot here for however long he needs.

Getting ready for Canada.
TG Bus is on Sunday too, so we'll see whose coming. I've told both Denise and Yvette just to let me know an hour or two before the bus actually leaves who is coming, so it might come as a surprise.

And now, I'm sitting with my two dogs, and Zephyr on my feet, and have my fingers crossed he finds his home soon. He certainly is a fantastic catch. A shame most people would think he's an old, fat, plain kind of guy. Don't worry Zeph, I know how awesome you are :)

No comments: